First and foremost this is my first entry. My background information is I am an ABC(American Born Chinese) in Taiwan. Taiwan has been my home for a little over a year now. There is one thing i noticed about racism in Taiwan. It is quite different from American racism. However, that isn't necessarily a good thing. Racism from Americans is just flat out vitriolic hatred. Taiwan's racism has this inferiority complex towards the west.
It's just straight out xenophilic I mean have had problems getting teaching English jobs because i did not have the look for it. This is completely ridiculous because one I graduated from a top tier school in the United States where I studied history and political science unlike your atypical BS Computer Science or Engineering Asian. Based on look alone I would be passed over an imbecile that has questionable credentials. These grounds are absolutely ridiculous and it really does bother me a lot when I hear "Oh I don't want a chinese person teaching my kids" First of all you are Chinese and it is such a disgrace seeing people having no self appreciation for themselves.
The funniest thing is many Taiwanese are obsessed with western brands and western culture. Food, partying, and materialism yet they neglect the most vital one. FREE AND CRITICAL THINKING ABILITIES.
Monday, 26 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment